Girvan and Portpatrick Junction Railway Co., 1875
- Additional information
Girvan and Portpatrick Junction Railway Co., 6% preference shares, 1875, ermbossed seal, black.Good VF A 30 mile line connecting the towns and other existing railways. It opened in 1877 but was set back by actions of the Portpatrick Railway in the early 1880’s. The company was purchased and re-incorporated as the Ayrshire and Wigtownshire Railway in 1887 and later passed to the Glasgow and South Western Railway. The illustration is from our archive and may not be the actual item sent however the condition will be as good, or better, than illustrated.